Andrews Heating | Gas Safe Registered Companies in the West Midlands

Carbon Monoxide Awareness

You can’t see it, taste it or smell it but CO can kill quickly without warning. According to the HSE statistics around 20 people die from CO poisoning caused by gas appliances and flues that have not been properly installed, maintained or that are poorly ventilated. Levels that do not kill can cause serious harm to health if breathed in over a long period. In extreme cases paralysis and brain damage can be caused as a result of prolonged exposure to CO. Increasing public understanding of the risks of CO poisoning and taking sensible precautions could dramatically reduce this risk.

Further advice and information

HSE Gas Safety Advice Line 0800 300 363 (Freephone service) Campaign for Bedsit Rights 02075052135 Carbon Monoxide Support Group (South West) 01278786488 CO-Awareness 0771 589 9296

E-mail: LynnCoAwareness@aol.com CO-Gas Safety 01372 466112

E-mail: office@co-gassafety.co.uk National Grid Gas Emergency Line (24 hours) 0800 111 999